Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ultimate Mashed Potatoes

It is the holidays once again, and this time I plan on finishing all my work within the first few days so I can have the rest of the holidays off. I plan to, but most likely I will end up cramming on the last few days.

Moving on, I made mashed potatoes! I used to love mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC, but I detest KFC hence I don't get to eat much mashed potatoes. But I will in the future now that I have this recipe. Normally I would boil potatoes in water until it is soft, but this recipe uses chicken broth which adds a lot more flavour. The soften potatoes are then mashed with cream, butter, sour cream, bacon and chives - only I didn't have chives so I substituted with spring onions.


This was amazing and is far tastier than that KFC crap. I love bacon and it gives the mashed potatoes texture and flavour. The hardest and most tedious part of the recipe is peeling potatoes, but once you try a mouthful of mashed potato it all becomes worth it.

Have a great school holiday!


Recipe

Obtained here (modified)

Serves 6

3 1/2 cup chicken broth

5 large potatoes, cut into even chunks
1/2 cup light cream
1/2 cup sour cream
3 spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoon butter
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
Generous dash ground black pepper


1. Heat the broth and potatoes in a large saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.

2. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.

3. Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, light cream, sour cream, spring onion, butter, bacon and black pepper. Add the additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Garnish with the remaining bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment