Monday, November 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Been a while. I am postponing my change to Tumblr as I am having second thoughts. It would be like starting a completely new blog, and I've had this blog for almost a year. I'll probably need a second opinion.

Today's yumminess comes in the form of a cookie.

Cookie? Yes, Peanut Butter Cookie.


I have a friend who is in love with peanut butter. He knows who he is. I enjoy the odd spoonful of peanut butter but can't eat it in a sandwich. I don't know why. I can, however, happily eat a trayful of these cookies. They were flavoursome and yum.

Two types of cookies in a row? I know, but stay tuned because I have something awesome to show you guys in a few days/weeks. Bye.


Recipe

Obtained from The Baker's Manual (fifth edition)

Makes around 40

1 cup creamy peanut butter
170g unsalted butter
120g brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 ⁄2 tsp salt


1. Beat the peanut butter and butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugars; beat until mixture is light and fluffy.

2. One at a time, add the eggs and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low speed just until the flour is incorporated.

3. Form the dough into 4cm; place on cookie pans. Using the tines of a fork, press into dough to make criss-cross patterns, dipping tines in sugar to prevent sticking.

4. Bake cookies at 190°C until edges are golden and centres are puffed and almost set, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool 5 minutes on pans to set before transferring them to wire racks. Increase baking time for crisper cookies.

1 comment: