After making Apple Tarte Tatins, I had a rather large batch of wipped cream used to decorate, left over. I thought about making parfaits, mousses and even just eating it right there and then. I trashed the last idea pretty quickly. I looked in the fridge for inspiration, but it struck when I saw a few mangos sitting on the bench. My mind whirled with ideas as I searched for mango mousse recipes.
500 g mango slices
1 tablespoon gelatin
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¾ cup sugar
2½ cups cream
1. Peel mangoes, cut flesh away from stone and reserve a few slices for decoration. Mash remaining mangoes to a puree.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over water, dissolve over low heat.
3. Add to mango puree with lemon juice and sugar.
4. Whip cream to stiff peaks, fold into mango mixture.
5. Spoon into individual serving dishes or large serving dish, refrigerate until set.
6. Decorate with reserved mango slices and, if desired, toasted almond flakes.